Friday, February 25, 2011

Oh Yeah. Here's a Title and Stuff.

For those of you wondering about the results of a CT scan, there hasn't been one yet. I'm not sure when there's going to be one. See all previous posts about not working or having insurance for the last 4 freaking years. *sigh*  I have my moments where this absolutely terrifies me with everything going on with my health but I can't let it run my life, so I'm not gonna let it. I am, however, gonna bitch about it. I simply don't understand the amount of time it takes or why there's been no human interaction here. These people don't know me from Eve and yet they are making important decisions about the future of my health care. I've been at this since October! I've been divorced for 2 years, I haven't worked in 4 years, I have diabetes, hypertension, congestive heart failure, severe back pains, vertigo and now a nodule on my lung. I'm not lazy, I'm sure as hell not stupid, I. Just. Need. Help.

I don't even need permanent help. I'm not looking to be on disability for the rest of my life. That thought is just waaaaay too depressing to contemplate.  I have things I want to do but I just can't do them right now. In the meantime, I'm draining my parents dry with the buying of my meds, specialty diet and, hell, just day to day things like soap and laundry detergent.  Disability would help there. I could buy my own meds, my own food, give them gas money for running me to doctor's appointments...the list goes on. I miss my independence but I'm hanging on. Some days are good days.

Tuesday...Tuesday was a good day. Cory and I had turned on the web cams to chat so que the conversation format! Don't worry, I'll start after the gross, lovey-dovey giggling bits (usually by me):


Cory: Blogged recently?

Me: Yesterday recent enough?

Cory: I s'pose so.

Me: Say, I need a pic of your scarf. I forgot to take a pic of it before I sent it to you and now I can't blog it cuz I don't have it.

Cory: Want me to go get it and you can just take a screen shot? You know it'll be forever before I actually get around to taking a pic otherwise.

Me: Yes!! *Does a happy puppy butt wiggle cuz now I get a pic of the scarf and my Canadian*

Then...then he comes back into view. Oh, he's wearing the scarf. It just happens to be the only things he's wearing. Thankfully (maybe, shut up, don't judge me) it's long and covers up the yummy naughty bits. I absolutely died laughing. He didn't just make my day, he made my whole damn year. Yeah, I took screen shots. You would have too, don't lie.

So, with a little liberty with MS Paint, here is Cory's scarf. With a smidge of pale Canadian background. It makes me smile like an idiot.




P.S. Stop trying to look below the picture edge. Pervert. You were too!!

3 comments:

Cookie said...

I know exactly what you mean by hanging on. Hopefully, things will get better very soon.

What a good boy! And lovely scarf.

xo

janna said...

;-)

twelvedaysold said...

That picture is hilarious.

I really hope they let you get on disability. I could go on and on about how I feel about healthcare in the US, but it would be redundant to hear, I'm sure.

Fingers crossed!