Friday, July 22, 2005

Feelin the love

I just want to thank all you guys for all the well wishes (Welcome to the blog, Mira!). It looks like things may get better soon since T is headed to Colorado to visit his sister for a bit. When is he going? No idea. How long will he be there? Not a freakin clue. But that's not the point. Even if he just flies up there for the night, it's peace and quiet time for me. It's all about me, baby! ChristinA, (psst, Christina, the poking wasn't so bad. He doesn't poke hard. hehe) thank you for the words of wisdom on the Soleil. I'll have to pick it up and give it the ol' college try again. Is it considered a WIP or a UFO if all I did was cast on, get confused and shove it in a bag somewhere?

So we made a decision about the Demon Dog. There is a place in town called the Woodstock Animal Foundation of Texas and they do some wonderful work with animals that they adopt out. Yes, it is breaking our hearts to make this decision, but honestly, between work and the 3 other pooches, we just don't have time to get her the training she needs. And even if we did, or we made the time, this is a big dog. She weighs close to 60 lbs and we have her in a house that is under 1500 sq ft. It's just not fair to her. She needs a home with a huge ass backyard to play in and kids to romp with and throw toys for her. She was never supposed to be a permanent addition to the house, but we wanted to try because we adore her. But, we will be saying goodbye to her soon.

This will actually alleviate some of our stress because she likes to chew things. She has an insatiable curiosity that lands her in trouble all the time. She is either pulling things out of the trash, the dirty clothes, the kitchen sink, bathroom trash cans, off the dining room table......aarrrgggghhh! And it's not like she tears it up, she just wants to drag it around the house for a little while until she sees something else fun to tote around. And I really, really want it stopped before I come home one day to find my panties in the backyard for the whole neighborhood to see. Chain link fence, you see. Yeah. Not to mention that our backyard is right across from two (2) day care centers. With Children. Children find underpants funny. I will not be the neighborhood panty lady. It's bad enough when I'm on the phone with my mother-in-law and T yells (so she can hear, obviously) "Baby, you left your panties in the living room again." Yep. You know me. I'll strip anywhere. *sigh*

Hope everyone has a great day!

1 comment:

erin said...

LOL As I picture little kids point and whispering "panty lady" I hope the dog situation works out. It's always hard to let go, even wwhen you know it's for the best.