Thursday, March 23, 2006

A Real Live Post! About Nothing!

Lots of randomness today, Dear Stalkees. Sorry about the lack of posting, work has just been a real booger bear. We've been implementing all new processes and change is always painful. And slow. So it's still busy here, but I wanted to send you some entertainment. No, this is not it. This is so not entertaining. This first paragraph is about as enjoyable as a root canal. Let's move on, shall we?

So, it's 10 days until the cruise. I still don't have things together. I did get new batteries for the camera. I still need to get another memory card for it. Every time I think about it my brain fuzzes out and quits working. I am soooo excited! I can't wait to get back and share pictures and stuff. Hope you guys don't mind a slide show. I'll try not to drag it out into too many posts and I should probably set up a Flickr account for the majority of pictures for your perusal.

Once the cruise is over, I have plans for around the house. I need to Spring clean the front porch for it is funky dirty, my rocking chair needs a serious hosing down, the house siding needs a good scrub down,I bought a new bistro set at the end of last summer that needs to go on the front porch, but I also want to paint an "area rug" where the bistro table is going. Also, a container garden on and around the porch. And it's almost April. But damn y'all, it's cold! Well, ok, cold for us. It's supposed to get down to the 30's tonight and the high today was near 50. This is winter for us. Usually we're well into the 70's and low 80's by this time of year. Texans are walking around with the stunned looks on their faces and frowning at their sweaters like their clothing has offended the Spring gods in some way. At least the bluebonnets are out.


This is so my favorite time of year. Well, ok, I like Autumn too, but Spring holds the winning spot. Texas roads right now are blue, pink, yellow, purple and red from the wildflowers. It's a beautiful site.

This.....this is why we put up with the heat and the humidity of Summer. Ummm.....more randomness. Oh go check out this video. It needs sound but is so worth it. It rules.

Other than that, there's nothing going on folks. It feels like my life is on hold until I get back from the cruise. It's weird. There's Spring cleaning, pictures to scan in, projects to get back to, yarn dying experiments to happen and planting to be done. I'm hoping to be motivated when I get back. Ah well. Enough randomness for today. Oh, and 10 days ago was my first blogiversary. Here's hoping our next year together isn't quite as sporadic. I'm off to an amazing start!

5 comments:

Christina said...

My first blogiversary was all the way back in January. I just noticed last week ;)

Go crochet something fun to wear on the cruise!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated blogiversary!

I noticed that "pictures of my hair" wasn't it your "stuff to do" list. Bad Stalker! We want picutres!

Those flowers are gorgeous...almost makes me miss the south. Almost.

erin said...

ahem--still waiting for the hair picture, but the blluebonnets will tide me over.

This spring I'll be busting ass around here....preparing for the big move this (hopefully) summer.

Anonymous said...

I might just have to send this link to my parents so they would realize one of the reasons I moved down here. It is beautiful this time of the year.
And I'll still take the winters over what I grew up with (North Dakota).
Oh, and happy blogiversary. Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited for you and your cruise! I left a comment before when you first mentioned it (I'm a relatively shy fellow stalker) but I just wanted to say again that I know you'll have a fabulous time and yes, you'll definitely need lots of memory for pictures, when my husband and I went in 2005, we took over 500 pictures. Everything was just so pretty. Bon Voyage!